Seq is XCOPY-deployable, which means you don't have to run the MSI package to get Seq set up on a machine. This can be useful if you're automating deployment, or running on a workstation on which you don't want to, or can't, install system-level software.
The MSI is, however, the only distribution format currently used, so you'll need to install Seq on at least one computer to extract the necessary files.
Here are the steps to take.
- Install Seq on a convenient machine
- Stop the Seq service by running seq.exe stop
- Create a zip file with the contents of C:\Program Files\Seq
- Extract the zip file on the target machine
- Configure and start Seq using the command-line
Updated less than a minute ago